Marketing as a Service (MaaS) is a business model in which a marketing agency provides a suite of outsourced marketing services to clients on an as-needed, ad-hoc basis. MaaS can be a valuable asset for businesses of all sizes, but it is especially beneficial for small businesses and startups that may not have the resources or expertise to in-house their own marketing team.
In our latest Infographic, PMI gives a 10,000-foot view of how MaaS can fit into each stage of your business’s growth, from product research and creation through ops, sales, and marketing resource development and execution, through product support and innovation.
How can MaaS Help Your Business?
There are a number of ways MaaS can help you thrive, including:
- Saving you time and money: MaaS can free up your time and resources so that you can focus on running your business. It can also be more cost-effective than hiring a full-time marketing team.
- Providing access to expert marketing services NOW!: MaaS agencies have a team of experienced marketing professionals who can help you quickly develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy. It could take six months or longer to hire and train these resources to begin lead-generating campaigns. In a MaaS play, this will only take a couple of weeks.
- Scaling your marketing efforts as needed: After your on-demand campaign, you have the flexibility to pause the MaaS resources spending, it’s easy to hold steady until the next campaign/initiative. With MaaS you have the flexibility to scale your marketing efforts up or down as needed. This is especially beneficial for businesses that are experiencing rapid growth or have seasonal fluctuations, such as “trade show season” or the end-of-calendar-year doldrums of the software industry.
What are the Four Phases of MaaS?
In each phase of your business’s development, MaaS can play an important role. How do we identify them and how can we fit into your plans?
- Product research and creation: PMI will work with you to understand your business goals and target audience. We’ll then develop a marketing strategy that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Hire ops, sales, and marketing resources: PMI will help you hire and train the necessary sales and marketing personnel. We’ll also help you to set up your CRM and marketing automation software.
- Sales and marketing execution: PMI will implement your marketing strategy and run (and integrate) your sales and marketing campaigns. We’ll also help you to generate and score leads. And, because we typically have cadence calls with CxOs on the ops side (for billing) and heads of sales, the communication across silos is improved.
- Customer support and product innovation: PMI can assist in developing your ongoing customer support program and help you develop and promote new product offerings.
Get a Complimentary Tech Sales and Marketing Consultation
Marketing as a Service can be a valuable asset for businesses of all sizes. It can help you save time and money, provide access to expert marketing services, and scale your marketing efforts as needed. If you are interested in getting started or learning more, grab 30 minutes free on our CEO and founder’s calendar, and let’s talk shop. You’ll likely gain insight, and your only commitment is 30 minutes.